Now that the dreaded British winter has finally moved on, we can start to think about preparing our living space for those few glorious months of relative warmth and sunshine. Spring cleaning the house is something we should all do, as it helps to remove the stuffiness that months without opening the windows brings, and with that in mind, here’s a quick guide on how to clean the interior of your home.
The Right Tools & Equipment
In order to carry out a thorough clean, you will need the following:
- Brushes, Brooms, Mops & Buckets – All essential items and make sure there’s enough to go around.
- Dusters – A long one for the ceilings.
- Back Bin Bags – You will be surprised at how much junk you have accumulated.
- Furniture Polish, Bathroom Cleaning Solution and Glass Cleaner.
- Lots of Dry Cloth – General cleaning and polishing.
- Blankets to Cover Furniture
Work Room By Room
If the family is pitching in, then you can all work on one room, leaving the hallways until last, and with 2 or 3 helpers, you will soon get the job done. Cover the furniture and floor, then dust the entire room, starting at the top, then leave the room for 10-15 minutes (you can then dust the next room) for the dust to settle.
Deep Cleaning the Carpets
Using the professional carpet cleaners in Kent that can be found with a Google search, have all the carpets deep-cleaned after the cleaning is complete. This will ensure that the carpets smell fresh and inviting, and once a year is adequate to keep carpet looking good, and your local carpet care company can work their magic as the final stage to the house clean.